Debt Settlement Vs Bankruptcy - Both Will Wipe Out Your Debt But Which One is Better?


Did you know that most American families have an average of $9000 in credit card debt?

An increasing number of people have much more debt than that. Most begin to wonder about the benefits of debt settlement vs. declaring bankruptcy.

At one point I actually had close to $150,000 in credit card debt. I know that sounds crazy but I was using credit cards to get a business idea off the ground and it eventually failed. It was emotionally crushing to lose see my business fail, but what's even worse is that I was now strapped with a mountain of debt that I could not pay back. I didn't know what to do so I panicked and did nothing. Soon my phone was ringing almost constantly with first credit card companies wanting to talk to me and then soon debt collection agencies were hounding me. I stopped answering my phone and lived in fear that I was about to lose everything. At this point I knew I needed to do something, whether that was bankruptcy or debt settlement.

Bankruptcy Attorney Seattle, San Diego Bankruptcy Attorneys, Delaware Bankruptcy Court,

I can't offer legal advice here because I'm not a bankruptcy lawyer. All I can tell is the answers I found and what I did. Your situation is your own and I recommend you consider all options, talk to the experts. One thing that a lot of people don't realize is that you can get a free consultation with both debt settlement companies and bankruptcy attorneys. I strongly encourage you to do this. Ask them your questions, take full advantage of the hour or so of time that they give you. Just remember this, they want your business. So ask very direct questions, keep asking questions until you are satisfied with the answers. The other piece of advice I would offer you is always get a second opinion. In my case I spoke with three different debt settlement companies and two different bankruptcy attorneys before I felt like I had the answers that I needed.

From what I understood, the difference in whether you would want to go with debt settlement vs. bankruptcy would be the amount of debt you owe and how far you are behind on payments. One other factor is the type of debt that you owe. Most of the time a debt settlement company will only be able to help you with credit card debt.

There are pros and cons to both options. Again, I recommend you get expert advice. My entire purpose of this article is to help people who were in my shoes. I can't tell you what to do or what is ultimately better for your situation. I can tell you that the best thing to do if you have not already done so is start talking to the experts. Most debt relief companies and attorneys will sit down with you and discuss your situation at no cost. So take advantage of this and find out the benefits of debt settlement vs. bankruptcy for your situation.


Medical Bankruptcy

Is Bankruptcy Right For You? Talk to Bankruptcy Attorneys Free and Confidential. Licensed bankruptcy attorneys are available. Attorneys will call you to discuss your case for free. Find out if bankruptcy is right for your situation.

Rating of Medical Bankruptcy




Get Online Application at online Bankruptcy Lawyer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment